In just one year, pedestrian fatalities jumped 11% in the United States. Many of us – especially college students – travel on foot often. Our goal is to raise awareness about pedestrian accidents and highlight ways for people to stay safe.
The Roberts Law Pedestrian Safety Scholarship asks students to write blog-post style articles on pedestrian safety. The winner will be posted on the Roberts Law Blog and shared via our Facebook page.
Pedestrian Safety Blog Post
The Law Office of Steve Roberts is offering a $1000 scholarship to the student who submits the best 500-1000 word blog post that address the following:
- Facts/Stats about pedestrian accidents, injuries, and deaths in the United States
- Suggestions/Tips for staying safe while walking and/or keeping pedestrians safe while driving
- Ideas for initiatives/awareness campaigns to reduce deaths from pedestrian accidents.
Steps to Enter
Write your blog post. It should be 500-1000 words (but going a little over is fine). Include original graphics and free-to-use images (search for images on google, click “tools,” then click “usage rights.” Select “Labeled for reuse.”) at your own discretion.
Send your blog post as a Word file attachment to email@example.com.
Include the following with your post:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- The school you are currently enrolled in or will be enrolled
- Your area of study
- Financial aid contact information
- High school seniors accepted to university, college, or trade school.
- Students currently enrolled in university, college or trade school (or enrolled to begin by the semester following the scholarship award.
Entries judged on accuracy, content quality, information, and readability. One winner selected by The Law Office of Steve Roberts
Deadline is December 10th every year. (So this year’s deadline is 12/10/17)
Winner announced on or before January, 8th 2018.
Winner notified by email. Entries not selected will not be notified.