Fill out the form on this page to schedule a free consultation with personal injury lawyer Steve Roberts today.
Should You Hire a Denver Truck Accident Lawyer?
Accidents with semi-trucks or 18-wheelers can be especially serious.
The may cause injuries that plague victims for years – and the might even cause death.
After an accident, Denver truck accident lawyer Steve Roberts can help with your case.
Don’t build stress dealing with insurance companies while you’re recovering. That’s what our team is for.
Steve will handle negotiations and keep you aware of the next steps in your case.
Reach out today for a free consultation.
A Denver Truck Accident Lawyer Can Be the Difference in Your Case
After an accident, you are probably going through a difficult time. Injuries, medical bills, car repairs, missed work – it all adds up. Our goal is to alleviate the stress, get you fair compensation, and help you move on with life.
A truck accident is a serious issue. We understand these accidents often cause injuries or death and will affect many for the rest of their lives. Motorists on Colorado’s streets and highways share the road with semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other large commercial vehicles. They also share the emotional and financial burdens associated with being the victims of a truck accident. A truck accident lawyer can help you recover damages after an accident.
A truck accident involving an 18-wheeler or semi-truck is often more serious than a standard car accident. These large semi-trucks can cause much more damage than a car. A semi-truck weighs up to 80,000 pounds (4 tons), not including their load. The average car weighs around 5,000 pounds. This is why the damage is so much worse from these accidents, the huge difference in vehicle size.
Some common causes of truck accidents:
- Brake Problems
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Driver unfamiliar with the road
- Driver fatigue
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating or speeding
- Faulty or poor maintenance
- Driving with an unsecured load
- Negligent driving
- Driving under the influence
WHAT TO DO AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT IN COLORADO
A commercial trucking accident can be traumatic and devastating. You might be facing serious injuries. Where do you turn now? Victims and their families need compensation to get high-quality medical care. They should also be able to provide support for their loved ones even while injured. Sadly, in far too many cases, truck accident victims make mistakes early on in the claims process. At the Law Office of Steve Roberts, LLC, our legal team supports injured victims. We want you to have the knowledge and resources necessary to effectively pursue your personal injury claim. Here, we have provided a list of five things that you should do following a commercial truck accident:
- Seek Professional Medical Assistance: Always seek a medical evaluation after a truck accident. Doing so vital to protect your health and safety. Additionally, you will not be able to bring a viable personal injury claim without the supporting medical records. These will come from your doctor.
- Report the Truck Accident: Always report accidents to the appropriate authorities. You want to make sure that a state or local law enforcement officer gets to the scene of your wreck to write a crash report.
- Secure Any Relevant Evidence: If a dispute arises regarding fault for the collision, evidence will be critical. To best of your ability, you should try to take photographs of the crash scene and obtain contact information for witnesses.
- Avoid Speaking to the Insurance Company: You are not obligated to give a statement to the trucking company or to its insurer. These companies do not have your best interests in mind. One of the best things you can do to protect your legal case is to simply avoid giving a statement.
- Consult With a Denver Truck Accident Lawyer: You are not alone. Our legal team is here to support you. To protect your legal rights seek assistance from a top-rated Colorado personal injury attorney.
TRUCKING INVOLVES COMPLEX FEDERAL REGULATIONS
For many different reasons, commercial trucking accidents are more complicated than other collisions. One issue to keep in mind is that commercial trucking involves an interconnected web of state and federal rules and regulations. Federal safety regulations could impact your truck accident case. If a trucking company violated a safety rule, and injured you as a result, you must hold the company liable for its misconduct. All commercial trucks operating within Colorado must follow Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) standards. Some important rules include:
- Minimum standards for truck driver training and hiring;
- Limits on how much time truckers can spend behind the wheel; and
- Pre and post-trip truck inspection requirements.
In addition to these safety regulations, trucking companies also have a general duty to put safe drivers and safe vehicles out on the road. If you are facing injuries from an accident because a trucking company put a dangerous truck on the road, you should speak to an experienced Denver truck accident lawyer immediately to discuss your available legal options.
Colorado Truck Accidents
Colorado is quite mountainous. This makes driving next to semi-trucks even more dangerous. The road is simply more difficult to navigate.
Truck accidents often face higher scrutiny from insurance companies. They are generally complex, involving multiple parties and even requiring expert opinions. This is one reason it’s so important to hire a truck accident lawyer after a crash. Keep in mind that you must prove that another party caused your damages. Evidence in trucking cases needs to preserved, examined, and investigated. Your Denver truck accident lawyer will take care of this process for you. All avenues must be looked at in determining liability in any case. Let an attorney who does this for a living fight for you rather than trying to go at it alone against an insurance company that is not looking out for your best interest.
What types of damages can an individual recover if they have been involved in a truck accident that wasn’t their fault?
- In-home care
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Emergency room care
- Diagnostic tests
- Doctor visits
- Physical therapy
After a truck accident, you are going to be dealing with at least one insurance company. This insurance company is not looking to help you or treat you fairly. However, Denver truck accident lawyer Steve Roberts will put your best interests first.
Truck Accident Case Results
Due to the nature and size of trucks/semis, these types of accidents frequently cause severe injuries to those involved in them.
This office represented a former boxer who was driving on the interstate, when a truck came over into his lane, slamming into the side of his car. Our Client sustained injuries, requiring him to go to the emergency room and go to physical therapy and chiropractic treatment after the fact. We were able to resolve this case for a substantial amount, much more than what the insurance company was initially offering to pay to resolve this claim.
Contact a Denver Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Our Denver truck accident lawyers can handle the insurance companies for you and negotiate with them on your behalf. We will let them know that we are ready to take your case to trial if they are unwilling to provide a reasonable settlement that adequately compensates you and your family for all of your losses.
Reach out to an expert Denver truck accident lawyer today. We will work to hold truck drivers and trucking companies responsible for the injuries and deaths they cause. Reach out online online or, call today for a free consultation! We’re ready to work for you.